Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Eeeks, I'm loving my NEW blog makeover!!

Oh, I am so excited about my NEW blog name & look!! :)


My plan was to update a while ago, but couldn't find the look I was going for until 2 days ago, when I found this lovely blog template from over at "The Cutest Blogs on the Block". I fell in love with the stitching down the side borders... and the frame (I added the sewing machine)... aaahhh...it's just perfect!! So what do you think about it? Do you like it?


So, I took some time to read thru my blog, from the beginning to present, and it really made me see how passionate I was about my sewing and business. Needless to say, I have a little more distractions these days, or let's say ONE more very CUTE distraction, so my priorities are not focused so much on growing my business as they were.

(Yeah, my very cute distraction!! )

Although the passion is still there, and one day I would love to make it so much more, I am happy at the place I am. I am staying super busy, just with local/online orders as much as I can handle, along with homeschooling, house work, and just keeping with up a family of 8. Anyways... saying all that, I decided to name my blog "A Girl, Her Dreams, & A Sewing Machine" because I think it describe me and my blog perfectly!


When I started making my very 1st handbag in March of 2007, never did I dream it would bring me to the place I am. It has been such a rewarding experience.

(The very 1st purse I ever made!!)


Over the past 5 years, I have learned so much about myself and my style.
I have realized:

1. I LOVE to be ORIGINAL, and want my creations to stand out

2. I don't like store patterns, and so I make my own

3. I love to come up with funky & unique ideas/designs

4. I am a messy creator... LOL :)

5. My rotary cutter & mat are my best friends

6. I chose long ago, to never be a 2nd rate version of someone else


I get most of my style designs and ideas late at night, when I SHOULD be sleeping! Hahaa! That is just when my muse seems to visit! I do get inspiration from other's, but I have my own, very unique interpretation! Some people may like it... other's my not, but that is okay, because it's my own! Like with everything I do, you will always find something unique, and a little different about my styles, whether it be a handbag, clutch, hair accessory, baby toy, etc.

On a last note, I want to encourage everyone that is just starting to craft, to be your own unique designer! We all get inspiration from other's but NEVER copy their work, instead take the inspiration, and make it into a beautiful extension of you!

So... what makes you & your business unique? I'd love to hear from you! :)

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and feedback....You make me smile! =0)