Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday Musings...

Wow, what a busy, busy weekend I had. I have sewn my little fingers off! LOL I did get a few fun, creative, house items sewn amongst the orders.... I'm the type of person that has to have a little time for my creative inspirations...so every morning I got up around 5-5:30am....and started my sewing...I managed to get quite a bit done... so here are some pictures! I made 3 dozen cloth napkins over the weekend. With 7 mouths to feed, we are always going thru tons of paper towels and napkins, and I've been trying to cut out any unneccesary costs, and considering I have a big stash of fabric, I decided what better way to use some of it. I made them 18" unfinished, so they are around 17" squares....I love big napkins.... I will definately be making more sets to put in my Etsy shop.
Here's my next project.... I have wanted to make some of my bags where we can just throw them into the washer/dryer for easy care, but with the stiff/heavy interfacings I use for most my bags.....I only recommend dry cleaning them. So....I set out to find a way to make a bag that still holds its shape, but is soft and totally washable.

I also made up this new pattern. I LOVE drafting my own patterns. Actually all of my purse designs I have come up with on my own....I don't use store bought patterns at all. I have to thank my momma for teaching me how to sew when I was young...I was totally a tomboy...and NEVER wanted to learn, but thankfully she persevered. I have been blessed with a talent, that even I am amazed at myself sometimes. :) This bag has 4 outside pockets, 5 inside pockets and 1 key clip.

I wanted to ask you all you opinion.... Do you prefer softer bags that can be washed or stiff standup kind that have to be dry cleaned? I make them both ways but I would like to know what others think!

Okay, the next thing I wanted to show you was some great finds I purchased at yard sales and thrift shops:

This fabulous metal basket for $.75 , which now holds my beautiful cloth napkins, shown above.
Then a few months ago, I purchased this adorable tea set for $5...I LOVE tea sets! I have it displayed in my livingroom on a antique chest.

Well, that's all for now. Just so you know the bags posted down below are the orders I did over the weekend. I ended up with 3 handbags, 1 wallet, 3 dozen napkins, and 5 dresses last week! hehee... yes, I'm totally crazy when I get inspired! I love to create! I have 4 more purses to make, and a diaper bag set before the week is over.

I will chat with you later!

Happy Monday!


Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and feedback....You make me smile! =0)